Friday, September 28, 2012

Today's inspiration...


 I've been visiting my Mother who has been very ill in
hospital in regional Victoria and have returned home
needing something to lift my spirits and so, have turned
to things that inspire me, including (above) recent cuttings
on my studio table, along with a new acquisition, Maria
Sibylla Merian's "New Book of Flowers" first published in
1680 and reprinted as this tiny book in 2003,
Prestel Verlag, Munich, Berlin, London, NY, 


A detail of my son Rory's Year 11 drawing (I think it's a self-portrait
but he may not agree). Yet to be inked in and watercoloured...



Colin's last job in the city before his contract ended -
he project managed this 'tower' called Zen, just
near the Victoria Market in Thierry Street 


Nautalis Shells - Glass art designed by 4-5 year old children
under the guidance of Suzana Zaper, at the University of Melbourne's
Early Learning Centre(ELC) where I work,
and made by Philip Stokes,a wonderful and very generous
 glass artist/ownerof Philip Stokes Studio Glass in Richmond
http://philip-stokes-studio-glass.myshopify.com/


A beautiful collage, ("A Bird fixing it's Feathers")
 by a student from Templestowe Primary School,
made during "The Sanctuary Project",
co-ordinated by Christine Healey,
Education Programs at
Heide Museum of Modern Art 
www.heide.com.au

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Louise! I love the glass art created from designs of littlies. Your job sounds like a wonderful one. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw your work in the Vogue living. I have a background in fashion and textile design and I think your work is stunning and very inspirational
    Will look forward to following your blog
    Mekaela

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much Mekaela, glad you like it, the VL article is a real boon, very fortunate to get such great coverage. Are you in Melbourne - the exhibition is in May. best wishes Louise

    ReplyDelete